Assistant Technology Director
Our goal is to make sure that faculty, staff and student body experience very little down time with repairs and requests addressed as quickly as possible. A summary of last year includes:
- Over 5000 service requests completed which include anything from needing a new print cartridge to hard drive failure.
- Parents are using a parent access portal in order to view their child's attendance, grades, health records, discipline, and food service. Parents please call or e-mail to setup a time to be trained to use Parent Access.
- Some teachers are using a new tool called e-Instruction in order to enhance curriculum within their classroom. We now have one unit for each campus.
Following is a list of things to know:
- How do I submit a service request? Please submit any repairs and/or requests at www.myschoolbuilding.com. Be as specific as possible when recording problems and make sure to record the request in the category of IT so that it is properly routed to the IT Department.
- How do I get more information on the Skyward Gradebook?
Skyward had developed a new web based grade book that looks a little different than last years grade book. Below are some tutorials that will help to get you familiar with the new grade book. Please be aware that these files are fairly large and may a bit of time to open. Once they are opened you may want to save a copy to your desktop in order to refer back to them as needed.
- General Overview - This tutorial provides a general overview of adding assignments in the grade book as well as various other topics.
- My Students Link - This tutorial provides a detailed look at student information. It includes how to submit an online discipline referral for a particular student.
- My Classes Link - This tutorial provides a detailed look at class information. It also includes a step-by-step on how to submit an online discipline referral.
- Taking Attendance - This tutorial explains how to take attendance from the grade book.
- Will I as a parent be able to view some of my child’s records? Yes, however you will need to attend a 15 minute introductory session first. At that time you will receive your username and password. Please e-mail Richard Barnhart at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time for training.